It’s that time of year again! Liven up midwinter with a day dedicated to all things Japanese in and around Bath. Sample some sake, try on kimono and take some selfies, experiment with writing your name in Japanese characters, practice zen meditation, watch a martial arts demo…the list goes on! All confirmed events are below. All events are free!
Dzogchen Meditation Center, 9 – 11 am
- Zen meditation practice
Patten Free Library, 11 am – 3 pm
- Story time, dress-up, and selfies in the Children’s Room.
- Woodblock printing, origami, Japanese writing and language, and more in the Community Room.
- An art exhibit of prints courtesy of the Maine-Aomori Printmaking Society will be on display in the library for the entire month of March.
Now You’re Cooking,
1 – 3 pm
- Sake tasting and appetizers, including a visit from Blue Current Brewery, sake makers right here in Maine!
Bath Dance Works,
1 – 5:30 pm
- Kyudo demonstration, 1 – 2:30 pm
- Karate demonstration, 2:30 – 4 pm
- Brush calligraphy tutorial, 4 – 5:30 pm