As we prepare for our Japanese visitors this summer (July 24 – August 1), we are eager to defray some of the costs of their activities and the materials we will use for orientation handouts, etc. Here is a list of things we’re working on–if you are able to support any of these activities or items, we would be deeply grateful.
This list will be updated weekly so please check back with us often.
- When you donate an item or cash we will give you due credit on our Donors list (unless you wish to remain anonymous).
- We are able to send you a tax-deductible receipt for your records–please ask if you’d like this. We are a 501(c)(3) organization. Thank you!
CrossCurrent Kayaking – $25/per person x 16 = $400.00
- 3 hours of instruction & paddling, snack and drink, and equipment, led by professional Maine Guides.
- This was unable to happen last year and the Japanese are VERY keen to try kayaking as it is not a typical recreational activity in Tsugaru.
Wilbur’s Chocolate Factory Tour $4.50/per person x 20 = $90
- One hour in Freeport to try the chocolate-making process first-hand. Students get to make and eat their own creations.
Popham Beach State Park entrance fees $8/per person (out-of-state) x 20 = $160.00
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens group admission $12/adult (2 adults free & 1 member) x 2 + $5/kid x 14 = $94.00
Boothbay Chowder House lunch $12.96 (includes tax) x 20 = $259.20
Maine State Aquarium group admission $5/per person X 20 = $100
- Plastic page protectors – 50
- Reams of 8.5 x 11 white copy paper – 4
- Rolls of clear/transparent tape with dispenser – 10
- Black Sharpie Fine Point Markers – 4-6